Search help & genealogy resources
You can use this website to search for burials in Rectory Lane Cemetery between 1842 and around 1950. You can search by full name, or just the surname:
Not found who you’re looking for?
Try searching the wider Berkhamsted area, or the County of Hertfordshire.
This page lists some recommended online resources and publications available to help you:
Berkhamsted & Hertfordshire
Most burials in Berkhamsted after around 1945 have been in Kingshill Cemetery, up the road, but there are several other burial grounds in Berkhamsted.
Other Berkhamsted burial grounds:
- St Michael and All Angels, Sunnyside
- St John the Evangelist Churchyard, Bourne End
- Burials in Northchurch
Hertfordshire burial records & family history
- Request a search from Hertfordshire County Council
- Hertfordshire Archives
- Hertfordshire Family History Society (HFHS)
- HFHS books, maps & CDs
The majority of the war dead are buried at CWGC cemeteries in Belgium and France, but a handful who returned home have graves here in Berkhamsted.
- Explore war graves in Rectory Lane Cemetery
–includes interactive maps of the cemetery filtered by theatre of war and services
- Herts at War soldier search
–covers war dead for all of Hertfordshire
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission search
–search for war dead across UK, Europe and the entire world
Online search tools
Free websites FREE
– transcribed births, marriages and deaths records for England and Wales 1837-1997,
– census data for Great Britain, Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man 1841-1911,
– Parish Registers (baptism, marriages and burials) of Great Britain, Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man
The following websites charge an access fee or membership subscription. Access is often available free of charge from your local library.