History of Rectory Lane Cemetery:
In 1924, Earl Brownlow donates nearly 2 acres of additional land at the top of the hill. A further extension of the Cemetery is planned here, with an access path running across the southern edge and new entrance gates on Three Close Lane and Chesham Road. This scheme is never executed.
Today, the Priory Gardens houses stand on the land shown on the map.
Where the Chesham Road gate would have been is now the entrance to The Glebe apartments.