- Adopt a grave
- Care for War Graves
- Join a monthly work party
- Help with event organisation and delivery
- Undertake genealogy research
- Work with schools
- Survey our wildlife or manage our habitat
- Bring in the arts
- Organise fitness sessions
- Fundraise for the project
- Spread the word
- Create or guide public tours
Adopt a grave
Thinking of joining us?
Rendering previously neglected graves beautiful again, particularly in the Garden of Remembrance area, is part of making it a vibrant green space. Adopting a grave means looking after it – weeding and planting out as a miniature garden – and then maintaining it throughout the year.
This role could suit you if you:
- Enjoy working out of doors, either on your own or with others
- Have basic gardening skills and a few tools – or these can be provided
- Are looking to volunteer two or three hours a month.
- Identify a grave for you to adopt
- Agree a planting scheme for local conditions and wildlife
- Reimburse planting expenses.