Create or guide public tours
Thinking of joining us?
Every role in society is reflected in the stories of those buried in the Cemetery – we have authors, photographers, publicans, boat builders, wheelwrights, surgeons, soldiers, straw plaiters, tax inspectors, journalists, campaigners, mothers, market gardeners, telegraph operators, agricultural labourers …
We have memorials formed of different stones from around the country, carved into different shapes, decorated with different symbols and restored with heritage skills; epitaphs inspired by poetry, hymns, prayers and concepts about death …
Everyone loves to discover stories and learn new facts. Guided tours offering different insights are a popular activity with our visitors and we are always looking to develop new tours and new guides.
This role could suit you if you:
- Have experience of guiding or leading tours
- Are interested in social history or another aspect of the cemetery
- Are comfortable leading and talking to small groups
- Enjoy taking on a historical persona and performing.
- Create the tour with you /rehearse you in the tour if already existing
- Provide costume and props if appropriate
- Help you to develop your skills
- Accompany you on your tours