- Adopt a grave
- Care for War Graves
- Join a monthly work party
- Help with event organisation and delivery
- Undertake genealogy research
- Work with schools
- Survey our wildlife or manage our habitat
- Bring in the arts
- Organise fitness sessions
- Fundraise for the project
- Spread the word
- Create or guide public tours
Help with event organisation and delivery
Thinking of joining us?
The Rectory Lane Cemetery Project organises community events such as Heritage Open Days and Chiltern Walking Festival tours, wildlife and history tours to promote the Cemetery ‘as a pivotal heritage asset’. The Cemetery hosts the annual BerkoFest Book Festival programme for children and a variety of adult and children’s theatre performances as part of ‘welcoming all’ to the space.
These events are only possible through the hard work of our volunteers. Roles include:
- Pre-event: marketing (distributing flyers or posters, promoting on social media, local radio)
- Pre-event: preparation (erecting gazebos and putting out chairs, setting up displays, signage and decorations)
- At the event: hosting (ticket desk, welcoming and information, refreshments, tours and guiding)
- Post-event: clearing down and returning the Cemetery to its peace.
So different skills needed for different roles – but being part of a public event is always fun and satisfying and might suit you.