- Adopt a grave
- Care for War Graves
- Join a monthly work party
- Help with event organisation and delivery
- Undertake genealogy research
- Work with schools
- Survey our wildlife or manage our habitat
- Bring in the arts
- Organise fitness sessions
- Fundraise for the project
- Spread the word
- Create or guide public tours
Work with schools
Thinking of joining us?
Part of our mission is to inspire the younger generation to appreciate the heritage that shaped modern Berkhamsted. Learning about the lives and livelihoods of those buried in the Cemetery can be a memorable way to engage with social history and local geography. We want to encourage schools to view the Cemetery as a vital resource on their doorstep to bring their students to again and again.
Volunteers are needed to work with the Community Engagement Officer (who is DBS checked) to:
- Represent the project to school leaders and teachers
- Identify areas for collaboration eg social history, geology, art, literature, conservation
- Develop tools and materials together with the CEO.
This role could suit you if you are:
- A retired/former teacher or part-time teacher or teaching assistant
- Interested in sharing knowledge and working with young people
- Connected locally and/or knowledgeable about the school curricula
- Arrange for your DBS check
- Involve you in developing and enhancing our schools programme.