Survey our wildlife or manage our habitat
Thinking of joining us?
When established in 1842 the cemetery was on the outskirts of Berkhamsted – now it is three acres of green space right in the middle of town, accessed off the High Street. It is a wildlife haven, with mature trees and wild areas, as well as zones neatly mown for memorialisation and activities. Our aim is to manage it for maximum bio-diversity.
This role could suit you if you:
- Are interested in wildlife generally, or perhaps have particular knowledge of butterflies, beetles, bats, small mammals, flora
- Enjoy working practically out of doors
- Might be experienced in conducting wildlife surveys, building habitats and managing grassland to encouraging wildlife
- Are happy to work alone or lead others
- Might be experienced in leading public information sessions
- Share our wildlife (trees, lichens, plants, butterflies & bees) survey data with you
- Involve you in our ongoing management programme
- Support you in creating small group wildlife sessions (bio-blitzes, bug hunts, moth and bat events, as appropriate)
With thanks to www.chrishobsonweddings.photos for the photograph above.