Rectory Lane Cemetery, Berkhamsted

Rectory Lane Cemetery, Berkhamsted

1924 gift of land

In 1924, Earl Brownlow donates nearly 2 acres of additional land at the top of the hill. A further extension of the Cemetery is planned here, with an access path running across the southern edge and new entrance gates on Three Close Lane and Chesham Road. The additional field is conveyed to Ecclesiastical Commissioners by Earl Brownlow’s representativesĀ  However, this extension scheme is never executed.