- Adopt a grave
- Care for War Graves
- Join a monthly work party
- Help with event organisation and delivery
- Undertake genealogy research
- Work with schools
- Survey our wildlife or manage our habitat
- Bring in the arts
- Organise fitness sessions
- Fundraise for the project
- Spread the word
- Create or guide public tours
Organise fitness sessions
Thinking of joining us?
As an easily accessible green space in the centre of town, the Cemetery is ideal for certain group health and fitness activities, such as walking, pilates, tai chi, yoga… It offers a degree of seclusion, unlike a public field or common.
The project has a vital role in ‘promoting health and wellbeing’. There are no permanent structures on site so these activities are weather-dependent, but gazebos can be erected to provide some cover for group activities. The Performance Area can accommodate small groups.
Volunteers are needed to promote the Cemetery as a venue for appropriate health and fitness sessions.
This role could suit you if you:
- Lead fitness sessions yourself
- Attend fitness sessions as part of a group
- Want to explore holding certain seasonal sessions outdoors.