Join a monthly work party
Work parties are informal small get-togethers, usually held on the first Sunday in every month, 2pm – 4pm, but other ad hoc sessions are also organised when necessary to keep the Cemetery a welcoming and well-kempt place. Tasks include mowing or strimming, raking leaves or mown grass, weeding, clearing paths, tidying up the Garden of Remembrance or the Volunteers’ Retreat, or undertaking min-projects such as planting up areas, maintaining buildings and structures, managing our compost bins.
This role would suit you if you:
- Enjoy working out of doors
- Are well enough to be physically active for two hours
- Can commit two hours on the first Sunday of each month, most months.
The project would:
- Provide the necessary tools, but you can always bring your own
- Explain the tasks to be done and Health and Safety considerations
- Provide refreshments!