- Adopt a grave
- Care for War Graves
- Join a monthly work party
- Help with event organisation and delivery
- Undertake genealogy research
- Work with schools
- Survey our wildlife or manage our habitat
- Bring in the arts
- Organise fitness sessions
- Fundraise for the project
- Spread the word
- Create or guide public tours
Join a monthly work party
Thinking of joining us?
We continue to hold these during the Coronavirus pandemic – the site is large enough and the tasks distributed enough for individual volunteers to work on their own but still benefit from being on site with others.
Work parties are informal small get-togethers, usually held on the first Sunday in every month, 2pm – 4pm, but other ad hoc sessions are also organised when necessary to keep the Cemetery a welcoming and well-kempt place. Tasks include mowing or strimming, raking leaves or mown grass, weeding, clearing paths, tidying up the Garden of Remembrance or the Volunteers’ Retreat, or undertaking min-projects such as planting up areas, maintaining buildings and structures, managing our compost bins.
This role would suit you if you:
- Enjoy working out of doors
- Are well enough to be physically active for two hours
- Can commit two hours on the first Sunday of each month, most months.
The project would:
- Provide the necessary tools (during the pandemic volunteers bring their own)
- Explain the tasks to be done and Health and Safety considerations
- Provide refreshments!